3 hours and 6 dresses laterPosted: September 22, 2009
Today was mommy’s day off, otherwise known as Daddy/Son Day. i spent a little bit of the morning blogging and researching VBACs and then i buckled down and did some much needed sewing of my fabric scraps. I figured since i had a good chunk of time i would try to kickout at all the patiently waiting scraps intended for mock pillowcases dresses and well 3hours was just enough time! i finished the last with only a few minutes to spare before daddy and son were home.
by Mock i simply mean i took large enough scraps of fabric and stitched them to look like a pillowcase. they arent the size of a standard pillowcase dress (atleast most of them) most are smaller, and 2 i made were significantly smaller which is great for that 0-3 month stage as most standard pillowcase dresses are for closer to 1-2 years old. after i stich the mock pillowcase than i finish it off using the stand PC dress pattern using elastic and bias tape. whch was awesome cause i was able to use up my bias tape stash so now i can start making my own bias tape (which i did use on two of the dresses). 1/2 of the dresses i hemmed on the bottom just like a normal PC dress would be. but the other 1/2 i finished off with bias tape which i really like it seems to give the dresses a nice complete pulled together look.
The only thing left i have planned for these dresses is for the gingham one i want to make a navy anchor to sew on the front to match the bias tape i used for it. i think that would be super cute, but since i am not a drawer i need my hubby to do that for me first then i will stitch it on.
Overall i feel very accomplished after today. i had a ton of fun sewing up the stash and using up my bias tape. Now hopefully baby #2 is a girl so she can wear these!