Fabric Wreath TutorialPosted: November 19, 2009
Remember this wreath i sneak peeked earlier this week? Want to make one of your own? its quick, easy, and cheap. Here is what yo do….
3 strips of 1/8 wide fabric
1) Stitch your three fabric strips into long tubes leaving one short end open to stuff.
2) lay all three tubes on top of each other and stitch them together at the end that is already stitched closed. (stitch about 1/2in from the end off fabric to leave room to close off wreath in the end)
3) Stuff your fabric tubes with Fiber fill, Leave about 1 to 1 1/2 inches at the open end for stitching closed.
4) stitch each tube closed
5) Braid your three tubes together as tight as possible. (as you do this the tubes should start to curve forming the wreath shape, but if not don’t worry)
6) Ones your braid is done, stitch the three ends together jsut as you did in the beginning, leaving the same 1/2inch to inch end (w/no stuffing)
7) stitch your two ends together closing off the wreath circular shape
8) tie a bow over the end of the wreath you just closed off and your done!
Want to add the bell?
That’s no problem….
1) string bell onto desired ribbon, and Tie it in the center over the center tube.
If anything is not clear as always feel free to ask…