Petuas…MMMM goodPosted: December 8, 2009
Don’t those look yummy? Let me tell you they are by far my most favorite breakfast food ever! My Grandma has made these for me since i was a little girl, her mom before her and so on. Basically it is an italian donut! The way my grandma tells it, its one of the dishes that her italian grandma made becuase it would go along way. It was something special it was a cheap bread to fill their tummys. But now its a yummy sugar breakfast food that makes me smile 🙂
Want to make some of your own, they are really easy (well the recipe we use now is really easy, not the recipe my grandma uses)
1 box of Pillsbury hot roll mix (this is hard to find, its a dry mix found in the baking aisle, and usually only at christmas, unless your leave near a special albertsons that carries it all year)
1 bowl of sugar
1) Mix pillsbury hot roll mix per the pizza dough instrunctions. (this can be done morning of or day before, just make sure you give the dough time to rise)
2) Once dough is risen and your ready to fry it up get your oil warming on the stove and your bowl of sugar out.
3) break off little pieces of dough and spread it thin between your fingers.
4) place in frying pan, and fry it up.
5) pat it dry on a paper towel
6) dip in sugar and eat!
Questions? feel free to ask. Enjoy!!!