Apple pizzaPosted: November 17, 2011
I love cooked apples and lucky for me its the fall so the recipes are in abundance. But i decided to invent my own the other day and it was yummy. I warn you not really healthy and really much more of a dessert but i didn’t care and neither should you! You should just make and it and enjoy it!
Here is my recipe:
1 pizza crust. (i used 1/2 the tube of pillsbury pizza dough)
cinnamon and sugar
lemonade, citrus soda (7-up, sprite), orange juice, or apple cider
1) Spread out dough on a greased cookie sheet or pizza stone. stab with fork and let sit for a few min
2) Wash, peel, core, and chop or slice apples
3) Pour a cap full- 1/4 cup of your liquid of choice. ( I totally eyed this you want just enough to cover the dough in a thin layer not drench the dough so its pooling or running off your stone)
4) Spread out apples ontop of dough
5) Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to taste
6) Bake at 350 for 20 min or until dough is cooked.
7) Slice and enjoy!
This is basically my apple dumpling recipe, which is done by wrapping the apple pieces in crescent rolls instead of spreading them out on top of the dough.